As soon as Zoey was given the green light to eat solids, we jumped on it! On that very first day, we started with plain ol' rice cereal mixed with some breast milk - later feedings included formula (hence the pic).
I find this stage of mothering quite funny. It sometimes seems like I've never experienced those "baby's first..." because I can hardly recall them from Brendan. I'll often tell my ped when asking questions and such that you'd never guess that I've done this whole baby thing before. My mom-brain is just typically toddler oriented, I guess. So, how do you feed a baby???
Der. Here's how the second time around.
Zoey's first solid feeding captured!
Oh? What's this...
A good bit did get into her mouth, it just doesn't look that way.
Am I supposed to eat my bib? It certainly tastes better!!!
And so, we continued trying, until we figured out a bottle and a bigger sized nipple was the way to go. Again...DER, all these things that I've forgotten!
Naturally, I couldn't post the pics of her first solid feeding without including one of her freaking out. This is after I figured out the bottle route and she was already grooving on it. DOH!
Here's a couple of pics well into her solid feeding regimen. Even Brendan gets in on the feeding action from time to time. Though it's not very often!
These days we feel like seasoned pro's. One would surely hope so, seeing how this is the 2nd kid! Haha.
Now for a baby food 101 wrap up, here are some even more recent pics of cereal mixed with fruit. She's moving on up!!! (Crazy crazy hair again!)
Is that for me???!
Oooh, I likey!
Mine. I got it.
Lemme help, Ma - please?
Like, gag me, with a spoon!
Like, totally...
No, really - you gagged me, with the spoon - I didn't like that!!! :(
No comments:
Post a Comment