Thursday, December 25, 2008

A Murphy Family Christmas!

Christmas came at about 8:00 a.m. for us - which I have to say was really nice. And now it's all done and the kids are sound asleep while new toys lay all over the family room floor. It's a good thing we went through old toys before Christmas and put away ones that no one was playing with!

Here are some pics of our 2008 Christmas adventures...this was Zoey-girl's first!!!

Last night (Christmas Eve) after dinner, we rummaged through our stockings.





Brendan mostly removed Zoey's "stuff".
And then moved onto his own!







Another tradition for Christmas Eve, in addition to going through our stockings, is to get new Christmas jammies to wear for Christmas morning. Brendan did not hesitate in opening them up!



Chillin' with my homies...


Snuggles are the best. Especially in Christmas jammies!


Heading downstairs to see what awaits...


PRESENTS!!!!!!!!




We bought both Brendan & Zoey a play kitchen (although Brendan will be the one who will mostly play with it for now); he also got a Hot Wheels City Set that's basically a road/city for him to "drive" the hundreds of cars he has and a Scooter, and Zoey got a stroller/walker and a tea set. They both got some other fun and special gifts from family as well. I think they both had lots of fun - I know Chris and I did!!!

To conclude our Christmas celebration, just before dinner, we did my very most favorite thing for this time of year - LUMINARIES! We have to put out quite a bit because of our corner lot so when they are all lit, it looks so gorgeous and magical. As I finish up this post, I can peer out the window to see the last few still flicking. Aww, what a sight. (I did take a video, which I'll try and upload later.)







We hope your Christmas Day was as spectacular as ours was.

No comments: